Warlords Battlecry Hive

The place for WBC players

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Transporting units function ? (Technical question)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vanilla Ice Cream
Swordsman

PostSubject: Transporting units function ? (Technical question)   Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 pm

An other question for modders that may come here :

Is the ability to transport units in a unit (for example in the ferry boat) is already coded in the game but not used ?

[Edited 2 times : first time to remove informations I wanted to get rid of, second time to write this reason.]

Last edited by Vanilla Ice Cream on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Transporting units function ? (Technical question)   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 am

Part of it is still there, but a lot of old code (wbc1 and 2) has been erased. It's not impossible to bring the boats back, with transporting and all, but it would require hell of a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Vanilla Ice Cream
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: Transporting units function ? (Technical question)   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 am

Thank you for the information.

It might be possible to remake the missing code part in ASM, but it will need a lot of time spent by analysing WBC1 and WBC3 executables to import the full function in WBC3.

I want to bring back the boats ! Gggggnaaaarh ! Twisted Evil

[Edited 2 times : first time to remove informations I wanted to get rid of, second time to write this reason.]

Last edited by Vanilla Ice Cream on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Transporting units function ? (Technical question)   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:21 am

"comparing executables" - determination level 1000 Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Vanilla Ice Cream
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: Transporting units function ? (Technical question)   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:36 am

Well I admit, it can need some lot of years. Wink

Or I will simply never find a way to do it...

But for (quasi) every things I discovered about the WBC3 technical working, it was by comparing with WBC1.

(For examples : the item chest insertion in maps, animated tiles that totally work in WBC3 but is unused, units stats modification, etc...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transporting units function ? (Technical question)   

Back to top Go down

Transporting units function ? (Technical question)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1