Warlords Battlecry Hive

The place for WBC players

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hard to find

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Waterd103
Squire

PostSubject: Hard to find   Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:08 am

I was all day searching for WBC3 sites, and this site never jumped on google. I just found this site after someone talked abou it on gog forums. That is sad since this seems the only site with WBC3 forum that has more than 2 post in the last 3 years and that is entirely dedicated to WBC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartoon
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:42 am

Imo this game should not be forgotten, and this website is just what it needs. There are not alot'a people in here yet, and the overall WBC3 community is really small. Hopefully this game will pop up on steam someday, so a few more will notice it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celtic Beast
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm

It truly is my deep wishes that this game and series were to make some kind of comeback, and I know how frustratingly small the chances of that are. I agree that this website does looking promising to become a community base, I just discovered it and joined today. All we can do is get any WBC players we know to get on this site and hopefully something will happen.

Unfortunately I know no other players of Warlords Battlecry myself so I don't know how much use I am, but I'll still do my best to be active myself with posting on these topics.

I highly doubt that this game could pop up on Steam. Firstly from what I have seen Enlight have as good as abandoned this game and series, and this game just doesn't have enough of a following to be on Steam. Oh and if anybody feels like adding me on steam they can go ahead, I use the same username on steam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm

I think that most of the remaining wbc players are shy. Over the past few years I have discovered many players who were playing in private lan parties and would be very strict to who joins (I myself had to (battle)cry for several days on one occasion)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Faestus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:14 am

Well we need to gather enough people to form a community.

Once that is achieved, we can form petitions so that steam supports our game.

It's gonna be very easy to Steam up this game since the source code is distributed freely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbc3.forumotions.net
Celtic Beast
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 am

Well then I think that the best place to start would be here. We can both hunt down existing players and invite them to become part of the community or introduce WBC to new players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UN222
Squire

PostSubject: trust issues   Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:02 am

trust is is what killed this game off, besides the really bad platforms we had to deal with, I long for the good old games of Mplayer, but to deal with the here and now, it is 2013 and we would have to deal with this in that manner, slow start and build up for sure, we could build up a player base very easy, I use to train players and build up the skillz with side by side game play, it took time, but now adays it could be sped up with things like ventriol, a place like ventriol would be a great place to gather and form a real base, not the shady hit and miss gamespy type places, we could set up rooms and ips and play like times of old.

I miss the people more then the game, the game was and still is a fun way to melt time, but it was the people that kept each other going back everynight.

the word is out, WBC4 just might happen sooner then later...... i just hope it isn't a watered down Iphone apt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZRAEL7272
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   Fri May 31, 2013 1:17 am

I miss the people too, game was good but it was the players that made it worth while. I can remember burning hours away with WBC 2 in game with you, or losing to you lol. That was a decade ago already
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UN222
Squire

PostSubject: fun fun   Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 pm

the online was great, so many good people and made alot of friends around the world, I spent more time helping and showing how to play online then vs others, build strats, race match ups but I allways had a love for maken maps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard to find   

Back to top Go down

Hard to find
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1