Warlords Battlecry Hive

The place for WBC players

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WBC3 Tier list discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartoon
Swordsman

PostSubject: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Top tier: Undead, Fey, High Elf
High: Orc, Daemon, Dark Dwarf, Dwarf
Mid: Dark Elf, Minotaur, Ssrathi, Swarm, Knight, Empire
Low: Barbarian, Wood Elf, Plague Lord

I'll list my reasons

---------------

Undead: Powerful early, mid and lategame, with some of the most durable units, and the most damaging (Doom Knights and Liches). Hard to play tho, and a resource lockdown can put out an Undead player. But that shouldn't really be happening. Immune to poison and disease (correct me if i'm wrong)

Fey: Swarmers, and they're pretty good at it. 3 missile flying units and Unicorns with Awe. Pixies do massive dps. One of the best titans too. And first glance Fey might seem weak, but they're deadly.

High Elf: Best cavalry which slaughter dragons, and anything with fire, great archers and unicorns with healing. The best Elf race by far. Wyverns are pretty good too.

High
----------------------
Orc: The best early rusher. Gets 100 stone per destroyed building, so if they take out a tower or 2, they tech quickly. Doesn't require many resources.

Daemon: Strong but expensive. I haven't really played these guys much, but from the looks of it, they're pretty good. Nightmare are good tier 2 units. Salamander doesn't hit airborne anymore which is massive imo.

Dark Dwarf: Siege weapons backed up by golems is so hard to deal with. The awesome damage of cannons and hellbores, mixed with golem's high armor is a deadly combo. They are one of the hardest races to play, but very rewarding.

Dwarf: Some really strong troops, and infantry. Slow, but with drunkness upgrade, they gain the speed boost they need.

Mid
-------------------------
Dark Elf: They have some awesome generals, and pretty good casters. But that really is it. Assassins are useless, poison is decent at most.

Minotaur: They can't really do anything until tier 3. They're infantry is too expensive. Axe Throwers suck. At tier 3 they get berserk and drunk, and then they can wreak havoc. Tier 4 they get shamans who are very good casters and they're generals is the best melee unit.
They make the best warrior heroes tho.

Knight: Godlike cavalry. That's it. My favorite race, because knights are very good.

(I haven't played most of the new races, i just assume things :D)

Ssrathi: Good tier 2 casters, and dinosaurs seems pretty good (with many upgrades too). Infantry and riders suck tho. Naga's are weak, but do magic damage.

Swarm: Fey are better swarmers imo. Priest are good casters, but they're unlocked late. Resource steal is evil.

Empire: I don't know much about these guys, but elephants seem good. They have 3 casters too. They're early game units suck.

Low
---------------------------------
Barbarian: Another swarm race, but with more powerful units. Spears are good when upgraded, and Reavers are good against certain races. They have no armor, so they all die pretty quick. Best Titan imo. No casters or elemental damage except for Dragons.

Wood Elf: Weak race overall. Trees are bad. They're archers are bad, and so are the cavalry archers. They only way to success i've found with this race, is mass Dryads.

Plague Lord: They have poison and disease.... so what?

Discuss

~Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faestus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 am

If we're talking about vanilla 1.03,
Emperor Tier: Fey, Orcs, Demons, H Elves, Wood Elves
Warlord Tier: Dark Dwarves, Undead, Barbarians
Prince Tier: Empire, Minotaurs, Swarm, Dark Elves, Plague
Knight Tier: Knights , Ssrathi
Wimp Tier: Dwarves

Explanation:
High level Fey troops are as good as mid tier troops, but can be spammed, are cheap and are immune to magic.
Orcs have low resource competition between Ogres, Snipers and Shamans, which are though,strong and have strong spells (Shamans)
Demons have excelent air support and upgrades. Their ground troops aren't as bad and the rushes are outstanding!
H Elves have the godly Moonguard+Dragonknight combo that can defeat pretty much anything. You can support them with Unicorns,which is neat!
Wood Elves, while having poor early game, have a godly late game. Fully upgraded Hunters backing up Ancient Ents and Sprites kill anything.
Dark Dwarves are the kings of Siege. Though melees and long ranged siege will lay waste to any base and army.
Undead have powerful Skellies and Liches, but a poor economy and expensive troops.
Barbarian Reavers and Spearmen can be quite though and they will lay waste to any large race.
Empire has the Halbeldier-Mage combo to cover their archers. Pretty though, but not too special...
Minotaur Shamans are the most powerful mages and are great at supporting mino kings which are quite costy...
Swarm can mass a lot of troops for little cost and train fire ellies for free, but their armies are susceptible to air and crushing, and defenseless against daemons and dragons.
Plaguelords can rush you before you can set up your base with those ghouls and gazers, though they lack late game...
Dark Elves have powerful mages and the spiders they get for free, but their other troops are lacking.
Knights have huge gold demands, slow producing troops and are not that though. They get XP and bonuses though, which are nice.
Ssrathi have a poor early game and the only units that are really worth are pteros and priests. The Lizard riders do nothing and dinos are expensive and die quick.
Dwarves are so weak early game they can't establish an economy and train their units late game.They require a lot of resources and time to obtain those strong armies.They are great in 2v2s though
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbc3.forumotions.net
Cartoon
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 am

Don't you think you underestimate the dwarfs. They are a great defensive race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faestus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:57 am

Cartoon wrote:
Don't you think you underestimate the dwarfs. They are a great defensive race.
Early game, they are not.

Their Crossbows/Infantry are too expensive and eat up all your gold. So do towers. Sure they're though but they're also much too expensive. One might be able to hold off two enemy troops, but since the enemy can mass their troops faster and can constantly assault you while they take over the map, you are forced to spend your gold and slow your advancement, meanwhile your enemy gains access to stronger troops faster than you.
Sure later on they are strong but their early game troops slow their advancement. You'll never get to train your strong troops if you get constantly attacked. People used to fix this via Necromancy/Poison Magic. Call of Kargoth does wonders! Champions aren't half as bad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbc3.forumotions.net
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:37 am

C'mon, everybody knows Dwarves are crap. Can't believe I found A warlord saying differently after so many years of agreement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Last edited by kalepenndragon on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick_the_winekiller
Mercenary

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:58 pm

THERE != THEIR

Other than that it was quite a pleasant reading. Now that I have this info, I can start hating some races less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-protectors.webs.com
Cartoon
Swordsman

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am

Guest wrote:

Aaaaw, why did you delete it?

Some of the stuff you wrote were really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UN222
Squire

PostSubject: Dorfs   Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 am

early game Dorfs in towers esp tough towers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WBC3 Tier list discussion   

Back to top Go down

WBC3 Tier list discussion