Warlords Battlecry Hive

The place for WBC players
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Hero Spells

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faestus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-11-02

PostSubject: Hero Spells   Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 am

Discuss Hero Spells here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbc3.forumotions.net
Argi
Swordsman


Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Hero Spells   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:45 am

In Divination magic, you can reduce cost of upgrades in buildings, well if it should work like, I cast it, and upgrading barbarian speed should be cheaper, it isnt:D
Edit: Why when a spell reaches 5 lvl he got like -100% chances to be casted?Very Happy is that normal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
barundar
Squire


Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Hero Spells   Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 am

I have played the mod for while and I love most of the changes, but I don't really like the Idea of having different spheres mixed up in dark magic. I would love to see some changes:

Necromantic sphere coming back

I think it should be possible to have a real necromancer that has it own sphere of magic, not just a universal one that has a few necromantic spells. I don't really like the way it was before, were all the units came from nowhere. I think that undead should raise their units from the death. In details this means:
- raise skeletons: raises a few skelletons from bones of dead units (just like it is alreaedy)
- raise zombies: raises a few zombies from dead bodies which are not rotten already
- raise wraith: raises a few wraith from enemies which died near the caster (does only work if there are not even bones left)
- raise cavalary: raises some undead cavalary (does only work if there are dead cavallary units around)
- raise doom knight: raises a doom knight (does only work if there very strong infantery dead infantery units around, like dwarf lords)
- raise wight: raises a few wights (does only work if there are dead infantery units around which are not rotten already)
- raise liche: raises a liche (does only work if there are dead spellcasters around)
Those 7 Spells could be supplemented by a few others like 'dark storm' and so on

Poison Sphere comes back as Plague Spehere
Besides a few poisen Spells it contains a new Plague spell which does not only infect enemies and slowly reduced their hitpoints, if a infected unti dies, it turns into a ghoul. So basicly it would be the same it is killed by a ghoul.
Besides i would love to see, that exploding spores do something like eggs when they kill units. It turns into slimes later. That would be another nice spell for the plague sphere, called 'spore explosion' or something like that.


Demonic sphere

I don't really like the new summoning sphere as i think that demons should have their special sphere. Same as undead this race is somehow based on magic. Therefore i suggest to give them a own sphere which makes it possible to summon all the different kinds of demonic units. The portal comes back as first spell. Unlike before it does not improve other spells, it is a precondition to summon any kind of demonic unit.
Summoners will also have to get a portal spell. Furthermore i would suggest to make different kind of summoners (and maybe quasits) the only units that can be produced. The first one can only summon imps and quasits while the last one can summon deamons. The summoners should be pretty expensive due to balancing reasons. Furthermore deamons can 'buy' mana using resources and have expensive upgrades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faestus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Hero Spells   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 am

barundar wrote:
I have played the mod for while and I love most of the changes, but I don't really like the Idea of having different spheres mixed up in dark magic. I would love to see some changes:

Necromantic sphere coming back

I think it should be possible to have a real necromancer that has it own sphere of magic, not just a universal one that has a few necromantic spells. I don't really like the way it was before, were all the units came from nowhere. I think that undead should raise their units from the death. In details this means:
- raise skeletons: raises a few skelletons from bones of dead units (just like it is alreaedy)
- raise zombies: raises a few zombies from dead bodies which are not rotten already
- raise wraith: raises a few wraith from enemies which died near the caster (does only work if there are not even bones left)
- raise cavalary: raises some undead cavalary (does only work if there are dead cavallary units around)
- raise doom knight: raises a doom knight (does only work if there very strong infantery dead infantery units around, like dwarf lords)
- raise wight: raises a few wights (does only work if there are dead infantery units around which are not rotten already)
- raise liche: raises a liche (does only work if there are dead spellcasters around)
Those 7 Spells could be supplemented by a few others like 'dark storm' and so on

That would not worked because the game turns all kinds of units into the same type of bones.

barundar wrote:
Poison Sphere comes back as Plague Spehere
Besides a few poisen Spells it contains a new Plague spell which does not only infect enemies and slowly reduced their hitpoints, if a infected unti dies, it turns into a ghoul. So basicly it would be the same it is killed by a ghoul.
Besides i would love to see, that exploding spores do something like eggs when they kill units. It turns into slimes later. That would be another nice spell for the plague sphere, called 'spore explosion' or something like that.

Yes, but then combining that with pyromantic spells or anything similar could get a little out of hand. Imagine Plague and Armageddon combo. That would be devastating, summoning an army of units by killing your enemy's.

barundar wrote:

Demonic sphere

I don't really like the new summoning sphere as i think that demons should have their special sphere. Same as undead this race is somehow based on magic. Therefore i suggest to give them a own sphere which makes it possible to summon all the different kinds of demonic units. The portal comes back as first spell. Unlike before it does not improve other spells, it is a precondition to summon any kind of demonic unit.
Summoners will also have to get a portal spell. Furthermore i would suggest to make different kind of summoners (and maybe quasits) the only units that can be produced. The first one can only summon imps and quasits while the last one can summon deamons. The summoners should be pretty expensive due to balancing reasons. Furthermore deamons can 'buy' mana using resources and have expensive upgrades.

I don't like the summoning portal idea. However the Summoner idea might work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbc3.forumotions.net
barundar
Squire


Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Hero Spells   Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

Faestus wrote:

That would not worked because the game turns all kinds of units into the same type of bones.

Ok, i didn't know that. Is there a possibility of using dead bodies instead of bones? Like raise cavalary if there is dead cavalry around? If not i would suggest to raise all the undead units from bones of whatever it was. It's not a big improvement for the gameplay, but it would be a lot cooler instead of just summon a champion if you raise if from an enemy unit you just killed Wink

Faestus wrote:

Yes, but then combining that with pyromantic spells or anything similar could get a little out of hand. Imagine Plague and Armageddon combo. That would be devastating, summoning an army of units by killing your enemy's.

You are right with that. What if the unit has to die from plague itself? An infected unit loses hit points until it dies. Only if it dies from plague it turns into a ghoul. If you infect a unit and kill it with fire, nothing happens. Of course units need to be able to resist that. That way you won't create to many of infected units

barundar wrote:

I don't like the summoning portal idea. However the Summoner idea might work.

That's nice! Hope to see it in a later version of the mod. Even if you don't do it the portal-way, you should think about bringing back a demonic sphere of magic. I really think they should have one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hero Spells   

Back to top Go down
 
Hero Spells
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What does a hero truly need?
» THAT ****** MARK OF A HERO QUEST
» Knight's (Hero') Armour
» Marvel Super Hero Mashers
» Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warlords Battlecry Hive :: The Fifth Horseman Mod :: Ballance Discussion-
Jump to: